Sunday, February 27, 2005

The DaVinci code

Just completed that Novel. Started on friday night. One great read. Amazing novel. The greatest benefit for me from the novel is the link between the dharma and the religions of the west. I can now paint a picture of how the truth got spread and spilled over the entire world. How the truth got transformed into Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

SPOILER WARNING -- if you have not read the novel, you might not want me to spoil that for yourself. So stay away for few lines.

I knew that the novel is about the grail and 'what is it?' even before I started, so it took some sheen off when the truth surfaced in the middle of the novel. Nevertheless, a captivating read. I must admit, I never thought the central piece of theme would be on so-called 'pagan' beliefs. I am now a little clear of the connection between sacred feminine theory

If Dan Brown had little more oriental knowledge then he would not have missed the origin of mother supreme theory. Well, if he refers to the phallus and the chalice, what good to explain without the most ancient reference, the 'lingam' and the 'yoni'.

END OF SPOILER WARNING

But, the novel also made me wonder for a little time whether religion came into India or out of India. With the knowledge base about the truth being so large and so authoritative in India, right fromt he vedas, upanishads, brahma samhita, I can only assume that the truth spread out from India.

Only enough unbiased research can shed more light on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment