Monday, January 24, 2005

Words of Wisdom

Osho

 

His beautiful analysis of Bhagad Gita impresses me. He claims Lord Krishna as the father of Psychology with astounding reason. His adeptness at quoting both Western and Eastern scholars makes it more interesting. I refer to the ‘Bhagavad Gita: a Darshan vol 1 and 2’ by Osho.

 

“If you accept a great concept like God just by reading books then you are the worst self-traitor.”

 

These words have shaken me. I have begun to question my fundamentals. I fear I just look upon God only on time of need and to say thank you after receiving a favour. I, for one, knew viz heard/read that attaining ‘Brahma Gnana’, that to lose oneself in ‘Nivikalpa Samadhi’, is the ultimate aim for a Hindu but it never sank in like this.

 

regards,

Ramesh

 

"There is no use in learning, if we do not worship the good feet of the one who is in the form of pure knowledge."

- Thiruvalluvar

 

1 comment:

  1. IIRC, that man says that his purpose is to confuse you to such an extent that you will begin to shake the un-established and go for the real!
    Anyway, his sex jokes are really really good.
    Enjoy Bhavagat Gita!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete