Sunday, January 02, 2005

English New Year

I first decided to ignore it, then I even thought of celebrating this as Fools day or Spineless slugs day. It hurts, when the westerners celebrate our new year (occuring in April) as Fools day. I refuse to accept the Gregorian calendar system. It would take some time for me to adapt to this stand since I have to use this for my work. Anyway I am trying to use the Indan calendar system in my thoughts and references as well.

After all this, I am acknowledging it just for you.

Well, wish you a very happy and prosperous english new year.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha haa. Ramesh its all quite natural. This is what will happen when one becomes a slave or when one loses one's self respect. Werent we slaves for a major part of the past three or four centuries. It will take work boss, lots of work and sacrifice to rebuild the true nature, to show our people that our culture is as strong as any other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kannaps you are right. It will take some time. I would rather say, British enslaved our Kings not us. We were not blessed with great kings who foresee danger in the form of traders and who can really thwart the enemies, like Samudra Gupta for example. More importantly, we were not allowed to continue in our advancement of Science and Technology as per our knowledge. We became stagnant and the western world which progressed very well, took over. The Indian people were made impotent by the curse that landed upon them in the millenium and were not able to rise to the occassion to save their land in time. Neverthless it happened after a true leader came to the scene.

    ReplyDelete