Sunday, December 19, 2004

Harry and Me

Now-a-days, I immerse myself with Harry Potter. I am on a proper re-course on Harry.

 

I first came to know about Harry only when the first movie, the Philosopher’s stone, released. At that time, when in college I remember asking Kannapan ( http://gulmohar.blogspot.com ), who went to watch the movie, about the story. Again it was Kannappan who made me read the book, after I joined Infy, but this time it was book 5 (Order of the Phoenix). I started there. Though, I could not understand everything pretty well, I thought Jo gave enough info for newbies like me to read without feeling much stupid. This infact makes the latter versions of HP books a little boring though.

 

I bought all the books. I read the first book, and then watched the Chamber of Secrets (CoS) movie. Then I read the PoA (3) and GoF (4). Then I found that the CoS movie missed a lot of info in the book and read that.

 

I became so addicted that, I longed to have a proper read, starting from 1 to 5. After a fortnight, I am successfully into book 4 now. I must say the books are amusing even for a second time. Infact, I must’ve read the book 2 (CoS) atleast 4 times. Though, I am able to find a few glitches when I read through again, I really enjoy reading them. I read after returning from Work. Thus most of the time, it extends to 2-3 AM on weekdays and even till 5 AM in weekends.

 

I really don’t appreciate the idea of broomstick flying. I always felt and even now feel that is really stupid. But, Harry changed my opinion. Well, great work Jo. I have been regularly going through Jo’s website ( www.jkrowling.ciom ). It has changed a lot and became quite interesting for a few months now. Finding trap doors, secret things spread throughout the website make it lively.

5 comments:

  1. Ramesh Hello,
    Have a great time reading Harry. You have become so crazy abt harry that I may have to grab my updates on the latest news of the Witchcraft and Wizardry info frm you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of your health buddy. Sleep for a few good hours between 12 and 5 AM atleast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks buddy. I have now completed the 5th book. So, having some comparably decent sleeps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So all set for the Half blood prince ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya! I am waiting for that. I was delighted when JK announced on 20-Dec that she had delivered HBP to the publishers. 10 minutes later it was disappointment coz the date of publication had been announced as 16-July. Seven months!!!thats hell a lot of time. I don't know what process they follow but it seems a very looooong time for me.

    ReplyDelete